In addition to our weekly challenges, we will post a weekly "time out" item. This could be anything from a tip, a short video or even a project from one of our excellent designers.
This week we are featuring Truthfully98's outstanding Forever Young purses. Be sure to visit her blog, Good to the Last Crop to view more of her amazing crafts. Here is how she crafted these amazing bags:
1. Cut the bags to fit a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. If you want to emboss them with the cuttlebug you must make sure you don't make them too big.
2. Run them through the cuttlebug with the tiny mosaic folder. (This took some manipulating since it is an odd shape)
3. Assemble the bag.
4. Stamp the bag with versamark watermark ink.
5. Pour clear embossing powder over the bag and shake off the excess.
6. Take your heat gun and melt the embossing powder.
Platinum Scraps was originally launched February of 2010 as a vision of several friends who met on the Cricut Message board who wanted to venture out into creating, sharing, and showcasing the many talents each of us possess. Platinum Scraps showcases the diversity in scrapbooking and features designers from all walks of life. To keep the tradition going, each week our design team is challenged to create a unique layout or card based on a sketch that exemplifies their skills and talents. We hope that we inspire your creations and we appreciate your continued love and support as we grow together.