Platinum Scraps was originally launched February of 2010 as a vision of several friends who met on the Cricut Message board who wanted to venture out into creating, sharing, and showcasing the many talents each of us possess. Platinum Scraps showcases the diversity in scrapbooking and features designers from all walks of life. To keep the tradition going, each week our design team is challenged to create a unique layout or card based on a sketch that exemplifies their skills and talents. We hope that we inspire your creations and we appreciate your continued love and support as we grow together.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Time Out Thursday: Tissue Paper Flowers


This week for TOT, CurlyLocDiva demonstates how to make tissue paper flowers.  Flowers are an excellent addition to any layout and this is an inexpensive way to add spice to your projects.  Thanks for coming over to our blog each week and do come again.   

Supplies Used:
Tissue Paper (Inexpensive Is Best)
Die Cutting System (CurlyLocDiva uses the Quickutz die cutting system)





Look how beautiful these look.


15 comments:

  1. Oh CurlyLocDiva, you know I am on a ban. Do you think tissue paper counts as a purchase? I am going to the Dollar Tree today. What exactly does eight ply mean. I am such a flower girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute.. and inexpensive. Great for my little divas girlscouts troop. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight ply means 8 pieces of tissue paper. Sorry I was not clear. You can purchase this even if you are on a spending ban as this only costs a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curly this is a great techn. I love making flowers and using them on my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... I love your flowers and the video was great!! Now you have me thinking what dies I can use to re-create... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers, I'll have to try this technique. Thanks for sharing. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great cost savings tip and the flowers turned out so pretty!

    BTW....the bracelets you are wearing in your video are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowsa.... I LOVE those flowers!!! They are so gorgeous!!!! Thanks for the sharing this with us!!! I appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Girl..... and you know I love my Glimmer Mist... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it....I'll use this technique for a retirement gift I'm making..TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the video! This technique looks simple enough even for me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to try some of these. Thank you so much for the video! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice I must try it off to dollar tree

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried your tut out and my flower came out cute! Check out the deets at http://scrapshack.ning.com/forum/topics/tutorial-tuesday

    I gave you some love too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...